The HP Printer Error 0xC18A is a very common issue on HP Printers, typically occur in HP Photo smart printers can come out in another printer but either means you have any problem with the ink system. Many numbers of users faced such type of error code 0xC18A, when they installed new drivers and got error message “Ink system has failed. Unable to print. Refer to printer documentation. Error Code 0xc18a0001” and fails to solve it. So, if you get the same an error code on your printer screen (HP Photo smart C5180) which says ” 0xc18a0106 ink system failed”, then you will require to carry out a Master Reset on the printer, or follow some troubleshooting solutions which listed below. Well, here the blog will elaborate Fix HP Printer Error Code 0xC18A. Then follow the given below steps to fix the issue.
Step to Fix HP Printer Error Code 0xC18A:-
Step 1:- Turn it Back On
- Push “OK”, “Cancel”, “Black” and “Color” all at once while turning the printer off.
- Turn it back on.
- One more time: push “OK”, “Cancel”, “Black” and “Color” all at once while turning the printer off.
- Turn it back on.
Step 2:- Reset the HP Printer
- Unplug the USB cable from the rear of the printer.
- Press the “On/Off” button to turn off the printer, and then unplug the power lead from the printer.
- Press and hold both the “OK” button and the “HELP” button, then plug in the power lead, wait a few seconds and release the two buttons, then press the “On” button.
- Now your printer will now initialize and you will need to follow the on-screen instructions and choices on the printer.
- This may take several minutes to complete. Your error code should now have disappeared and you will now be able to Copy and Print.
- 3- Replug the USB cable from the printer and check the error is gone.
If not, then go to the next solution.
Step 3:- Perform Service Mode to Fix Issue
- Turned ON the printer and then press and hold the left arrow on the printer.
- Now press the arrow setup and release both simultaneously.
- The printer screen asked to enter the special key combo “Enter Special Key Combo”
- Press and release the OK button.
- Now you are in the service mode of the HP Photosmart printer, then another procedure shall terminate error with start 0xC18A.
- Then the display will now say “support” and the FW rev appear (something like R0631R).
- Now navigate the menu to the left, until you see on the screen “System Configuration Menu”
- Press “OK” button.
- “The status of the failed hardware” appears on the screen, if this option is not displayed, press the “OK” button.
- The screen will say “hardware error status, press “OK” button to delete”.
- Hit on “OK” button and then display emerge the new message that “the mistake is being removed press cancel to continue”.
- Tap on “Cancel” button, all the times it takes to follow, until a message which says Welcome to Photosmart Express.
- Turn off the HP printer and disconnect the power cord electricity.
- Then wait some time, at least 2-3 minutes to connect the printer again.
- When the printer is turned ON again, at first, submitted messages initializing ink cartridges should not interrupt this process, when finished will print a test page.
- To check the operation yourself, you should print another test page; this way you will see when it’s available to begin the installation of the software.
I hope your issue is resolved, after performing the above solutions.
In case, if the above steps, did not work to fix the error code 0xC18A, then you can take help from certified technicians.
Take immediate Help: Dial HP Customer Support Phone Number:-
You can dial HP Printer Customer Support Number, which is a toll-free number and obtainable 24×7 days to your help, and connect with the team of HP customer support professionals. They are dedicated and experienced in fixing HP Printers associated technical error/issues in a less time. The proficient experts will give you the comprehensive guidance to fix this issue. Hence, call now for help to further HP Printer queries.